Friday, June 24, 2011

Whitney's Wedding 6/4/2011

I've come such a long way from just watching youtube videos in my free time and practicing my makeup skills on my sweet, forgiving roommates.  Since then, I've been able to do makeup for sorority girls going to socials, models for a local magazine, models for Fashion and Design Student Association's fashion show, and finally...Whitney's Wedding.

I've been good friends with Whitney since freshman year (college) of 2007.  It was an honor for me to get to do her makeup on her big day.  I wanted to share some of the products as well as the work that I did on her already beautiful face :)

Her request was to look very natural--making sure to look polished and radiant!




Don't let anyone ever tell you that high-end makeup is the best makeup.  By high-end, I mean MAC, Urban Decay, Lancome, whatever.  There are hits and misses to every brand...you just need to experiment in order to find what works well for you.  There are plenty of makeup products in the drugstore that are just as good, if not better, than their high end counterparts.

Here is a list of products I used on Whitney's face (both drugstore and higher end):
Face:
- Hard Candy Sheer Envy Face Primer
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation
- Revlon Age Defying Concealer
- MAC's Paint Pot in Coral Crepe (cheeks)
- MAC's Mineralize Sheersheen Powder in Lucent (highlight)
- Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Light

Eyes:
- Wet n Wild brow pencil in Taupe
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Urban Decay Naked Palette
- Maybelline Volume Express Colossal Mascara
- Milani Liquif'eye Eyeliner

Lips:
- Jordana Lipliners in Baby Berry and Sugar Bronze
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Life's a Peach

1 comment:

makeup artist Sydney said...

really cute, and the whole photo-shoot is awesome! Great blog dear, congrats! Would you like to visit mine, and why not follow each-other? Let me know: makeup artist in Sydney