Sunday, July 17, 2011

ELF Haul!

ELF (Eyes Lips Face) had a site-wide sale where everything was priced at 60% off!!! I couldn't help myself and picked up quite a few things as you can see below:


Shimmering Facial Whip in the shade Toasted

Hypershine Lip Gloss in the shade Fairy

Both Toasted and Fairy were recommended by one of my favorite youtube gurus, Emilynoel83. If you haven't seen her videos, you should definitely check them out. 

Studio Cream Blushes in the shades Tease and Vixen

I already have one of these studio blushes featured in one of my past posts on cream blushes called Heartbreaker. That product convinced me to purchase two more shades because of their lasting power and the way they apply onto the face.  The texture is also too unique to pass up with a 60%  sale going on! I thought Tease was a more natural color, while Vixen would be a great shade to wear during the fall season.

Mineral Lipstick in Rosy Raisin and
Mineral Eye shadows in Natural, Celebrity, Caffeinated, Confident, and Sassy

This will be my first time trying a mineral lipstick. I have purchased all these mineral eye shadows in the past but decided to give them away to a friend.  However, I decided that I missed having them in my collection.  These mineral eye shadows are loose, pigmented, and shimmery.  They are beautiful when layered on top of the eyelid! I'm sure I will do a post soon showing the swatches of all my ELF mineral eye shadows.

Duo Cream Eye Shadow in Olive

I also already have two of these duo cream eye shadows, so this is just another one added to my collection!  They are extremely pigmented and work as an amazing eye shadow base.  They will crease when you wear them on your bare lid, but if you are wearing a green eye shadow, for example, you can make the green eye shadow appear brighter and more vibrant when you place the green cream eye shadow in a thin layer before applying the green eye shadow. 

Studio Cream Eye Shadows

Finally, I have been waiting to get these babies in so that I can do a review and application post for one of my followers, Kat . For now, I can say that they are pigmented, smooth, and creamy! I have high hopes for these as I would love them to replace my expensive MAC Paint Pots. 

Professional Blending Brush and Studio Stippling Brush

After almost 3 years, my professional blending brush is finally giving out and starting to come loose from the ferrule.  3 years is a pretty long time for such a soft, dense brush that only cost me $1.00.  I also purchased the Studio Stippling brush because I have been wanting to try it out as a blush brush. I'll see how that works.

If you love makeup or you're a beginner...definitely check out ELF at eyeslipsface.com.  The site sells quality, affordable makeup that you can try! 

4 comments:

Sidney said...

I'm really starting to love elf brushes :) I hope you like them too - they're always so soft and pretty durable!

<3 Sidd

HelloKittyx94 said...

Yay for ELF :) I have high hopes for the cream eyeshadows now, and want to get my hands on that stipple brush!!
Thanks for the mention :)

xxx Kat

Andrea said...

Thanks for the comment Evelyn :)

You definitely got a lot of great buys! The cream eye shadows look really tempting! Haha. Tell me how the mineral lipstick goes for you ok?

You got me all interested in makeup! :D

makeup artists in sydney said...

Thanks for the post, We loved it's content and style. I found this web site upon Yahoo and also have right now added it in order to my bookmarks. I'll be sure to visit again soon
makeup artists sydney