Wednesday, July 20, 2011

MAC Amber Lights Dupe!

I try not to blog more than once a day, but this dupe is too awesome to not share right away! I only have a few MAC eyeshadows because they are pricey, and I think there are cheaper alternatives that are just as pigmented, smooth, etc.  Anyways, if you have been wanting to get your hands on MAC's Amber is a dupe that is pretty darn close. 

Go out to your drugstore and purchase Maybelline's Trio in Bronze Glitz.  The top shade resembles it's high-end counterpart, and I don't think you'll be disappointed.  The whole quad in itself is very pigmented and smooth, but most importantly, the texture of that top shade feels just as creamy and butter-smooth as Amber Lights. 

From the swatch, you can tell that Amber Lights is slightly more golden, but I promise the difference is so slight that they look almost identical on the eyelids. Yay for cheap alternatives! :D



Oh I love the color! Could I use that shade for a smokey eye?

EVC Makeup said...

You could use this color in the center of the lid them smoke it out using a darker shade like a plum, black, or dark brown!

HelloKittyx94 said...

Wow that looks like an amazing dupe!

I've given you my One Lovely Blog Award, go check it out!!

xxx Kat

Alice said...

Wow, they are scarily close in shade! Great find! Thanks for sharing x

Anonymous said...

EVC makeup how can I use amberlights e/s with teddy eyeliner and some rusty metal X shadow?