Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Favorite Summer Cream Blushes


I love a dewy, fresh-faced glow for the summer.  To help me achieve that look, I turn to my creamy blush products!  Shown above are my favorites...E.L.F. cream blush in Heartbreaker, NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Glow, Two NYC Blushable Creme Sticks in South St. Seashell and Pink Flash (special edition), and Benefit's Benetint.   Let's take a closer look at each! 



This blush really wakes the face up! It's super creamy though, and it can be applied with your fingers...however, I suggest using a stippling brush or a synthetic brush because a little goes a long way.


You can see here just how delicate the product is because I accidentally nicked it while I was trying to pick it up. Boo...anyways, here's a swatch!


It's pretty vibrant on my medium/tan skin, but don't worry...we can blend it out!


This blush is easily build-able for those days that you just want to look extra flushed. Below is another thin layer of Glow:


Hopefully you can see a slight difference. Trust me, it's more obvious on your face!

 Next up is ELF's Studio Line cream blush in Heartbreaker. This is another vibrant, BAM! in your face color.  The consistency of this blush is very different from any I've tried before.  It's squishy, foamy, and kind of reminds me of playdough. I really like it though because it's also very buildable and the color lasts a good while on the cheeks. 








On my skin, you can tell that the color appears more muted than what is shown in the jar. This could also be due to my lighting..it was a cloudy day, so I apologize!

If you're looking for a product that is inexpensive and readily available in stores such as Rite-Aid, Target, and Walmart...try NYC Blushable Creme Sticks.  I believe they retail for $3.99 at Rite-Aid.  


South St. Seashell (left)  is part of their permanent line, where as Pink Flash (right) is not.  One thing I noticed about these creme sticks is that the color of the tube is the same as the product! Pink Flash is matte, while South St. Seashell is a light beige/brown with a slight shimmer or satin finish.  I believe that these blushable creme sticks come in different finishes. 



These blushable creme sticks are in fact creamy and easily blendable.  They also have incredible pigmentation..which may be difficult to see because of my tanned skin tone.  I don't think the lasting power of these creme sticks are very good on their own, but they are a wonderful base for helping your powdered shadows last longer. 

Finally, we have Benefit's Benetint.  I have a mini jar that I got in a value set from Benefit. 




To use this product, you use the brush applicator to place a few dots on your skin. Then you blend it out! 



This is what I get after one layer.


Two layers...



Three layers. PERFECT...for me =P Keep in mind that if you are fairer in skin tone, you will not need as many applications to get the product to show up.  I love this tint because it really does last a good few hours for me, and it gives me the most natural.."i just took a run around the neighborhood" flush. Right now, you can get a Benefit minis set called "feelin' cheeky!" at Sephora stores near the check-out area.  It includes posie tint, high beam, and benefit for $15.00--which is a steal! 

What are your favorite blushes for the summer?




5 comments:

HelloKittyx94 said...

I'm just blown away by ELF at the moment - will definitely be trying some of their cream blushes as I really want to try some anyway and for the price you can't lose!

I've heard good things about Topshop's cream blushers as well :) think you can get worldwide shipping on their site if you fancy checking it out. Not sure they'll ship abroad though if its makeup.

xxx Kat

www.kaleidoscopecoloursx.blogspot.com

Sidney said...

I'm a total fan of NYX and that blush looks amazing - just love the color!

<3 Sidd

EVC Makeup said...

Me too, Sidd! It's gorgeous :) and I completely agree Kat! I wanna try the Studio Line's glossy gloss...but it's completely sold out in every shade on the site right now :(

Andrea said...

Oh nice! And I love how you described it. "I just took a run around the neighborhood" flush. Haha!

Love your posts Evelyn! :)

Chelsea Jade said...

Thankyou so much for the lovely comment on my blog!! :) I appreciate you visiting my blog

http://letsputourheartstogether.blogspot.com/